Wheel Ovality Check Stand
Imperfections in the roundness of train wheels, including flat spots, can lead to stress of the rail infrastructure and expensive repairs. The W. Christie Wheel Ovality Check Stand is a simple but highly effective sytsem for checking wheel roundness in order to help prevent such damage.
- Quick and easy measurement of positive and negative deviation of wheel ovality
- Fully adjustable Dial Test Indicators (DTIs) with magnetic base attachment - easily removed for loading of wheel set and storage
- Alignment of bearing housing within the stand ensures the wheel can be rotated freely by hand - no power required
- Framework of the stand is designed to fully support the gearbox unit using the gearbox support wheel
- Supplied with storage case for DTI units