Train Brake Caliper Tooling System
Tooling and system for the removal and re-attachment of Brake Caliper Brackets on train bogies.
The bolts have restricted access, with nuts that are only accessible via a small hole/pocket within the bogie frame.
This system consists of:
- C-RAD 14 Pneumatic Torque Tool capable of 1,350 Nm for breaking-out the Brake Caliper attachment bolts.
- EC-RAD 500 Electronic Torque Tool capable of 500 Nm for tightening the Brake Caliper bolts.
- Backing tools of various configurations, with magnetic sockets for holding the nut and washer in position when locating onto the nut thread within the hole/pocket.
- Camera for locating and inspection of the nuts within the bogie frame.
- Extended male hexagon sockets for use with the reaction platform. These special sockets allow access to the cap head bolts within the recess and overcome the problem of no line of sight with some of the bolts.
For ease of transportation, all the equipment is contained on a specially designed trolley.